|We watch the water.|
|10/2/2003||DISPUTE MEETING OF THE MOU PARTIES CALLED BY THE SIERRA CLUB AND OVC|
|Day: Thursday, Oct. 2, 2003
Time: 1:30 pm
Place: LADWP conference room, 300 Mandich St., Bishop, CA
Formal notification was given to DWP and the other MOU parties last week calling for a meeting to discuss a dispute regarding implementation and compliance with the MOU (or lack thereof). The issues to be discussed are:
1. DWP failed to begin the 40 cfs baseflows in the Lower Owens River on June 13, 2003 as required by the MOU. Through their failure to complete the Final LORP EIR the City has delayed implementation of the LORP. The Draft EIR stated they expected a Final to be done in early May 2003, they are not even close to being done now.
2. DWP failed to complete the evaluation of the condition of Yellow-billed Cuckoo habitat in the riparian woodland areas of Hogback and Baker Creeks and development of Yellow-billed Cuckoo Habitat Enhancement Plans for those areas.
3. DWP failed to provide additional mitigation in the form of 1600 acre-feet of water per year and failure to complete the on-site mitigation measure at Hines Spring that would also be supplied by this 1600 ac-ft/yr.
4. DWP failed to provide an annual report by May of first each year that describes the environmental conditions in the Owens Valley and studies, projects, and activities conducted under the Inyo-Los Angeles agreement and the MOU.
5. DWP failed to provide copies of reports prepared under the MOU to the other MOU parties as required. This includes grazing management technical memos perpared for the LOPR Plan, an air photo study, and a LORP monitoring study.