|We watch the water.|
|1/8/2011||The week in meetings: land, water, and power|
|The week in meetings: land, water, and power
This week offers a variety of water and land management meetings for those who'd like to know where the flow goes in Inyo County:
WIND AND SOLAR POWER DEVELOPMENT--Thursday, January 6, 7:00 p.m. in Independence
In response to State and Federal mandates for renewable energy resources, the County has prepared draft amendments to its General Plan to address renewable energy development.
A Notice of an Initial Study of Mitigated Negative Declaration of Environmental Impact for the draft "update" to the general plan has been submitted pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The Draft General Plan update, CEQA documentation, and accompanying maps can be reviewed on the County’s Planning Department Website at
This Thursday, Inyo County planning staff will review the draft General Plan Update and CEQA documentation and take public comments.
To join the process, submit written comments or attend the meeting in Independence:
January 6th, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Board of Supervisors Room
County Administrative Center
224 North Edwards
Independence, California 93526
If you have questions or comments about the meeting, please contact the Inyo County Planning Department at email@example.com or 760-878-0263.
MEET THE INYO COUNTY WATER DEPARTMENT AND THE WATER COMMISSION--Thursday, January 6, 6:00 p.m. in Bishop
The Inyo County Water Commission will meet this Thursday in Bishop one hour before the renewable energy meeting begins 45 minutes south in Independence. Possible to attend both? Probably not. Happily, this is simply an introductory meeting, whereas meeting organizers in Independence may discuss some major changes in Inyo County land use.
Inyo County Water Commission Meeting
Thursday January 6, 6:00 p.m.
Bishop City Hall
City Council Chambers
377 W. Line St.
Bishop, CA 93514
1. Pledge of allegiance
2. Approval of minutes from June 30, 2010 meeting
3. Election of Officers
4. Briefing on Brown Act – Randy Keller, Inyo County Counsel
5. Briefing on Conflict of Interest law – Kammi Foote, Inyo County Clerk/Recorder
6. Introduction to the Inyo County Water Department – Bob Harrington, Inyo County Water Director
7. Long Term Water Agreement Groundwater Pumping Management – Aaron Steinwand, Water Department Science Coordinator
8. Long-Term Water Agreement Mitigation Projects – Larry Freilich, Water Department Mitigation Projects
9. Water Department Vegetation Monitoring Programs – Meredith Jabis, Water Department Vegetation Scientist
10. Water Department Hydrology Programs – Randy Jackson, Water Department Hydrologist
11. Public Comment
12. Schedule next Water Commission Meeting
The public will be offered the opportunity to comment on each agenda item prior to any action on the item by the Water Commission or, in the absence of action, prior to the Commission moving to the next item on the agenda. The public will also be offered the opportunity to address the Commission on any matter within the Commission’s jurisdiction prior to adjournment of the meeting.
Public Notice: In Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Water Department at (760) 878-0001 (28 CFR 35.102-3.104 ADA Title II). Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the County to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Should you because of a disability require appropriate alternative formatting of this agenda, please notify the Water Department 2 hours prior to the meeting to enable the County to make the agenda available in a reasonable alternative format (Government Code Section 54954.2).
INYO COUNTY/LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND POWER TECHNICAL GROUP MEETING--Friday, January 7, 8:00 a.m. in Bishop
Last, but not least, and thankfully not simultaneously, the Inyo-Los Angeles Technical Group will start Friday morning with a meeting in Bishop. On the agenda:
Inyo County/LADWP Technical Group Meeting
January 7, 2011 -8 a.m.
LADWP Multi-Purpose Room, 300 Mandich Street, Bishop, California
Meeting Chair: Bob Harrington, Inyo County Water Department Director
1. Operations and runoff update
2. Monitoring requirements under California Senate Bill 6
3. McNally Ponds and Native Pastureland Project
4. Green Book revision update
a) Facilitator status
b) Report on well exemption table
5. Standing Committee protocol
6. Bishop Cone Audit
7. Owens Lake Groundwater Study
a) Progress report
b) Aquifer Testing Plan
8. Report on Water Agreement land releases
9. Public comment
10. Schedule next meeting
The public will be offered the opportunity to comment on each agenda item prior to any action on the item by the Technical Group. The public will also be offered the opportunity to address the Technical Group on any matter within the Technical Group's jurisdiction prior to adjournment of the meeting.